Menu
Connexion Yabiladies Ramadan Radio Forum News
need NewYorkers help
u
10 January 2010 22:22
salam everyone,
i wanna know what are the best places to visit in New York if i only have a weekend!yeah i know i dont have much time but i wanna have as much fun as i can in three days grinning smiley
i v been to new york once,only spent one night in manhattan and had to fly to Cali,i luuuved it n i so wanna get back there..im planing to go there in the end of february,is it gonna be very cold by then? grinning smiley
my husband is in Cali but hes gonna meet me in New York,i wanna take care of the reservations n what to do where to go,wanna kinda surprise him In love
plz newyorkers,tell me about the best romantic restaurants In love,activities,tours...
thanks in advance
C
10 January 2010 22:53
NYorkaise, where are you?

you are called here...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/10/2010 10:54 by sofia59.
☠ chti'sem ☠
u
10 January 2010 23:58
yees newyorkaise plllz show up!
what about sofia59?never been to new york?
C
11 January 2010 00:02
unbelievable
yees newyorkaise plllz show up!
what about sofia59?never been to new york?

unfortunately not...

but I know that there's nice stores in the fifth street and you should never set foot in Harlem...
☠ chti'sem ☠
u
11 January 2010 19:44
thanks for the reply Sofia
looking forward to newyorkers replies
have a great week
C
11 January 2010 20:16
Have fun in NYC!

Just enjoy your time with the one you love.
☠ chti'sem ☠
u
17 January 2010 03:38
sad smileysad smiley over 100 views n no replies sad smiley sad smiley
23 January 2010 04:28
sorry! you should send me a MP . I don't connect to english side a lotNo no ok dearsmiling smiley
what kind of place do you like? and where are you going to stay? to have fun it's in Manhattan!

Times Square, you have there, marriott hotel, nice view in the top and good restaurant, you have too many places to see in that place, you have megastore, big store for all kind of music, you can just go inside and listen, it's free listeninggrinning smiley, you have planet holywood, you might meet a celebrety, I did meet one, he was promoting his moviegrinning smiley

day time, central park, if you want to walk and breath a fresh airsmiling smiley

if you are in 5th ave and 59th street you can go to an Indian restaurant close to plaza hotel and central park I think the name is"nirvana", it's in the top of a building and the view on the central park, very romantic place.

you walk on 5th ave a little down and you can see Rockfeller center and on your right side you can see times square on 7th ave(I talked about it above)

if you need downtown, south seaport! very nice and close to the ex-twin towers, many restaurants, nice view to brooklyn bridge, and brooklyn .

just tell me where you are going to be and I will give you all informations how to get therethumbs up and what do you want exactely?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/23/2010 04:41 by NYorkaise.
A Tanja ya 3aleya... 3aleya be sewariha....aye layellah...
A
23 January 2010 05:59
i would like to know some information too , i have a friend who lives in NewYork and i'm thinking to take a vacation and rest a little bit of my hectic job, God !!! it's so stresseful ,

the sad thing is that the city is cold in february and i hate traveling in winter time....i'm confused what to do???

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/23/2010 11:21 by cryptex.
u
23 January 2010 17:40
thank you so much NewYorkaise,the info are very helpful,i like the idea of the indian restaurant on top of the building with nice view..i think im gonna try that,especially that i luuv indian food
iv been to planet hollywood,nice place but not very romantic..i want some romaance In love come on tell me where u and ur hubby go when u wanna have sweet dinner with nice music n beautiful view smiling smiley
i dont know where we r gonna be staying,probably in one of manhattans hotels,im only gonna be staying in NYC for two nights before i continue to Cali thats why i asked about the most intersting places to visit in that short time
thanks again

cryptex,
im wondering about the weather too,only coz i donno what to wear grinning smiley i live in rabat so im not used to cold weather n snow n stuff
how cold is it in the end of february?
23 January 2010 19:23
to tell you the the truth, I stop going out I prefer stay home and you know when you live in a place more than 5, 10 years and up you become one of them.I saw many places here and even some they close out and some of them they changed the name also check this one it used to be a romantic place:

[www.tavernonthegreen.com]

I know a place , it belongs to Robert de Niro, it's in downtown manhattan , Tribeca, they changed the name"chez layla" to "Tribecca grill, nice place smiling smiley

[www.myriadrestaurantgroup.com]

you have also village, place for crazy people close to NYU, many restaurants, I know "le Figaro cafe" it's good place also,

in the village you have all kind of people, gays, hippies, tatoons lol

if you need something a la carte it's in uptown, close to lincoln center, opera, movie theater.

Tell me your style of place you want to see even Romantic but it depends of your lifestyle, we can be hippie and romantic alsotongue sticking out smiley . tell me more and I will direct you..NYC has everything and the city who never sleeps most places are 24 hours!
You said in Manhattan?? where? you can send me a MP if you want, you don't have to give me details(I understand) just to help you that's all! I did it with some YABIES before, they came here and they enjoyed it!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/23/2010 07:54 by NYorkaise.
23 January 2010 19:26
cryptex
i would like to know some information too , i have a friend who lives in NewYork and i'm thinking to take a vacation and rest a little bit of my hectic job, God !!! it's so stresseful ,

the sad thing is that the city is cold in february and i hate traveling in winter time....i'm confused what to do???
well! it's noraml the cold but it's outside not inside the house or building, wherever you go it's warm! come on guys! we are not in Alaska, it's NYC!
u
24 January 2010 18:32
salam NewYorkaise,
i really dont know in which hotel we r gonna be staying,last time i went there i stayed in the double tree hotel in times square if u know it n i luved it,so maybe i ll choose it again
as for my type,im not even the romantic type and im asking about romantic places ptdr its only coz im gonna be meeting my husband after being aprt for few months,so i wanna spend some quite romantic time before we get back to Cali n everyday life routine,know what i mean? but guess just being with him will do it In love so now i just wanna explore the city

i googled new york attractions n i found sth about the empire state building skyride..what u think about it? the empire state building is a must see,donno about that skyride,i like the kinda tours where u can see the whole city in 1 hour
i also got a list of some asian restaurants(im a fan of the spicy asian food):
Buddakan restaurant,Devi and Kittichai
the one u mentioned in your previous msg is closed i guess sad smiley
thanks for replying,i really appreciate it smiling smiley
have a great day
24 January 2010 22:17
unbelievable
salam NewYorkaise,
i really dont know in which hotel we r gonna be staying,last time i went there i stayed in the double tree hotel in times square if u know it n i luved it,so maybe i ll choose it again
as for my type,im not even the romantic type and im asking about romantic places ptdr its only coz im gonna be meeting my husband after being aprt for few months,so i wanna spend some quite romantic time before we get back to Cali n everyday life routine,know what i mean? but guess just being with him will do it In love so now i just wanna explore the city

i googled new york attractions n i found sth about the empire state building skyride..what u think about it? the empire state building is a must see,donno about that skyride,i like the kinda tours where u can see the whole city in 1 hour
i also got a list of some asian restaurants(im a fan of the spicy asian food):
Buddakan restaurant,Devi and Kittichai
the one u mentioned in your previous msg is closed i guess sad smiley
thanks for replying,i really appreciate it smiling smiley
have a great day

yes Empire state building is in 34th street and Broadway, yes there are many stores where you can do shopping, Macy's, Gap, Victoria's secret, H&M, Madison Square garden( if you need to see a game, a basketball) lol. yes in that area, there are too many Asian restaurant around... I remember with my Asian friends, we walked from 59th street to 34 street just to eat in a Korean restaurant, they had good spicy food, I chose salmon with veggies and it was sweet and sour dish, I loved it..we were a little crazy..lol if you are in midtown manhattan in times square, you can walk some blocks down.
for me most places n NYC are romanticsmiling smiley
I told you, most places I used to go they moved or they closed, here they don't stay too long, sometimes they sell their business or when they changed the name...
now, I'm more quiet in my house and when I hear something new then, I go to discover it!winking smiley
A
31 January 2010 19:54
salam

well for me at least i'm going to stay in my friend house no need for Hotel or food( rdate al walidine)grinning smiley grinning smiley ,the problem is my friend she is working and very busy with her baby ,and i have to explore the city by myself .
i'm thinking to pick the offer from my American express card reward which is a citypass to Visit six New York City attractions for free for me Danse
Includes tickets to the Empire State Building Observatory (includes audio tour), American Museum of Natural History (includes Space Show), Guggenheim Museum, The Museum of Modern Art (MoMA), The Metropolitan Museum of Art (includes same day admission to the Cloisters) and Circle Line Sightseeing Cruises at 42nd Street OR Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island.
Also includes money saving coupons including: a 15% off savings certificate at Bloomingdale’s, as well as a free gift with a $200 or more purchase and $5 off a two-day Hop-on and Hop-off tour with City Sights New York bus tour.
CityPass is good for nine days beginning date of first use - it’s perfect for a weekend or a week!( my vacation will be between march and april inchaeallah).

mainly i need to buy the plane ticket, the train pass and some shopping and some dinning.

NYorkaise i need your opinion please what do you think of this offer??

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/31/2010 11:13 by cryptex.
1 February 2010 04:01
cryptex
salam

well for me at least i'm going to stay in my friend house no need for Hotel or food( rdate al walidine)grinning smiley grinning smiley ,the problem is my friend she is working and very busy with her baby ,and i have to explore the city by myself .
i'm thinking to pick the offer from my American express card reward which is a citypass to Visit six New York City attractions for free for me Danse
Includes tickets to the Empire State Building Observatory (includes audio tour), American Museum of Natural History (includes Space Show), Guggenheim Museum, The Museum of Modern Art (MoMA), The Metropolitan Museum of Art (includes same day admission to the Cloisters) and Circle Line Sightseeing Cruises at 42nd Street OR Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island.
Also includes money saving coupons including: a 15% off savings certificate at Bloomingdale’s, as well as a free gift with a $200 or more purchase and $5 off a two-day Hop-on and Hop-off tour with City Sights New York bus tour.
CityPass is good for nine days beginning date of first use - it’s perfect for a weekend or a week!( my vacation will be between march and april inchaeallah).

mainly i need to buy the plane ticket, the train pass and some shopping and some dinning.

NYorkaise i need your opinion please what do you think of this offer??

I think it's a good deal and you will have the chance to see many places, I don't know about the circle line cruise because when it's cold no cruise!
otherwise! anything else is perfect and I think you should take it!

Emission spécial MRE
2m Radio + Yabiladi.com
Join Yabiladi on Facebook